My Photo
Name:
Location: Anaheim, California, United States

Regular contributor for Random Lengths (circulation 56,000) in San Pedro, CA, 2001-present. Columns "Life in Long Beach" and "Life After Mother" pub. in Senior Reporter of Orange County. Manga reviewer: LA Alternative (circulation 150,000), 2005-2006. Some manga reviews also ran in NY Press around this time. Entertainment reporting: Music Connection (circulation 75,000), 1983-1906. Travel writing: Oakland Tribune (1998) and Life After 50 (2006). Other bylines: Goldmine, Star Hits, Los Angeles Reader, Los Angeles Times, Long Beach Press Telegram, Blade, BAM, Daily Breeze, LA Weekly. Specializations include community news reporting, writing reviews (book, theater, concert, film, music), copywriting, resumes, editing, travel writing, publicity, screenwriting, lecturing, and content development. Education: B. A. Theater Arts, UCLA. Post-grad work, Education, Chapman University.

Thursday, September 30, 2021

Novels I've Been Wanting to Read for a Long, Long Time

 In 2021 I've been focusing on catching up with novels that I'd been meaning to read for years or decades--dating back to grade school. I found, though, that as much and as fast as I read, more long-neglected-novels kept popping into my memory. 

So this listicle contains some novels I've been intending to read for at least half a decade, and many, for half a century. Fear not, I'll know where my next list of novels to read will come from once I've winnowed this list down. I've got several very recent additions to my reading list that wait in the family library, but they'll have to wait their turn in my book queue: 

1. Little Men by Louisa May Alcott

2. Kim by Kipling 

3. The Red-headed Outfield and/or Riders of the Purple Sage by Zane Grey

4. Kingsblood Royal by Sinclair Lewis 

5. All Quiet on the Western Front by Enrich Maria Remarque

6. Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe

7. I Wish There Was Something I Could Quit by Aaron Cometbus

8. Blues in the Dark by Raymond Benson

9. No Time for Sergeants by Mac Hyman

10. Heidi by Johanna Spyri

In addition I'd like to read several of John Steinbeck's novels, and there's a few by Mark Twain I'm considering, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home